I have splendid news for you all!
I am the type of person, who doesn’t try new things on my own, only when others offer things to me. It was the same with Torani. I always saw it in the store but never tried it on my own but in September I went to a conference and Torani was one of the sponsors and I got introduced to their delicious syrup line. There are like 50 different flavors and you can put them into sodas, coffee, desserts. The sky is the limit, you can be as creative as you want to.
See the options? I took this screen shot on their website, everyone can find their favorite! <3
In November Torani reached out to me with a contest. We had to come up with a recipe on our own using one of their Chai Concentrates.
You can find them here for inspiration:
We spent winter break in Hungary and my mom is great at coming up with new ideas. She is so creative, I hope I will be like this one day. She told me to make sure to bring a box of syrup to Hungary with me so she can “play” around with some ideas.
She came up with a cold fruit soup with peanuts and fig. I love fruit soup so much!
Peach Cream Soup
- Torani Chai Concentrate
- 6 peaches
- 2 figs
- Unsalted peanuts
- 200 ml cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar (for making caramel)
- Whipped cream
- Peel the peaches **, cut them into smaller pieces and put them into a pot and cover them with water up to the top of the peaches so the water is just about to cover them.
- Boil the water and let the peach fall apart, until it is very soft.
- Take it off the stove and add Torani Chai Concentrate to it along with sweetener and cream. Add the flour to it and using a mixer, mix all these ingredients together. This is your soup base. Creamy and yummy.
- Cut up all the unsalted peanuts into tiny pieces and using low heat brown the peanuts in a pan.
- Cut up the figs into quarters
- Put the sugar into a pan and on low heat, melt the sugar and let it get a brown color
- Take off the pan with the sugar off the stove and add the fig pieces to it (They will be gooey, don’t worry about that)
- Put the soup into bowls, put whipped cream on top, add carmelized figs and a few peanuts to it…
- You can use different fruits instead of peach, such as apples, sour cherries, plums.
- We used peach preserves that my grandma put away so we just cooked it in its own juice instead of water.
- You can serve the soup cold too!:)
** HOW TO TAKE OFF THE SKIN OF A PEACH: Boil water and hang a peach into the boiling water with a long spoon for about 10-15 seconds. Take out the peach and it will be easy to remove the peel.
And here is the great news:
Torani offered a discount code for my readers until the end of January!
Use code: MYRED10 for 10% discount on any of the Torani Products on their WEBSITE .
The code expires at the end of January!
Questions for you!
Do you use syrup in your coffee?
What is your favorite flavor?
Have you ever tried sweet and fruity soups?