Just before I start getting into the details I would like to say that this tiny jar has became one of the most precious little gifts I have ever received. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile. It brings back great memories, looking at it warms my heart but let’s see what is inside of this cute, little jar.
*This post contains affiliate links
Two years ago I moved to the Midwest, far away from my friends, family and even farther away from my comfort zone. I never really expected it to be a place that I will ever like and this is not only because of the freezing cold weather but also because sometimes I do not have a SUPER positive outlook on things. Little did I know that I will fall in love with the kind, caring people, will get used to wearing 7 layers outside, and will cry my eyes out when it is time to leave.
But let’s focus on this adorable jar that is filled with 29 unusual date ideas I got from my friends, and family on my “surprise” bridal shower this May. I am still overwhelmed with all the love I received that day and I am not only talking about the fantastic gifts but the smiles, the hugs, and all the people that came to spend that day with me. And this is how we arrive to this cute little jar. This was one of the presents, which besides its actual purpose of giving date ideas, also became something that represents all the great memories I have made in those two years and reminds me of all the people that I let close to my heart.
29 CHEAP AND UNUSUAL DATE IDEAS ♥
- make a “travel money” jar together
- go to the airport and watch the planes go in and out…dream and guess where they go
- renta kayak/canoe/paddle board
- volunteer for a good cause together
- play a board game
- go for a hike, bring picnic
- memorize Pi (a lifetime challenge since there are infinite digits)
- naked hoola-hoop (hahahaha whaaaat?)
- discover a new restaurant
- find a free concert
- go to the zoo
- bake and cook together
- go to a lake and skip stones (why am I so bad at this??????)
- watch a Nicholas Sparks movie and cry (might have to tie your man to a chair)
- take dance lessons
- plant a garden together and design a sign for it (so cute)
- read to each other
- bike to the botanical gardens
- couples work-out
- play Skip Bo
- play tennis then get dinner out
- wine taste
- go skinny dipping in a lake (muahaha might as well take the hoola-hoop with you)
- day trip to the city
- sunset hike + beer
- get tattoos
- bury a treasure
- picnic on a beach at sunset (love love love)
- sample every ice-cream shop in the city
So these are the ideas, we definitely love them and are working on doing every single one on the list…not sure about the naked hoola-hoop yet 😀
And the jar -being so cute- is also a perfect decoration item in the living room! It is a glass jar, you can find it at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
Questions for you:
Which is your favorite date idea?
Do you have any fun ideas for a date night?